Posted to user@bloodhound.apache.org by Arthur Kahlich <ar...@millcomputing.com> on 2014/12/16 06:37:02 UTC

How do I get bloodhound to use REMOTE_USER from Apache?

I have Apache already setup to only allow access to users that are
logged in, so I don't need authentication in bloodhound. Instead, I want
it to use their username and if it doesn't exist in bloodhound's user
DB, to create a new user by that username.

Surely somebody has done this already?

I tried searching, but apparently the default repository for
https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound is mis-configured, because I see
error messages stating that "/x1/svn/asf/bloodhound does not appear to
be a Subversion repository." and apparently the answers I need are in
code comments.

I will try looking through the code to see if the capability is there
with modifying any code, but would appreciate any pointers that someone
a lot more familiar with this code could give.

Art

--
Arthur Kahlich
CTO - Hardware

RE: How do I get bloodhound to use REMOTE_USER from Apache?

Posted by Sharif Uddin <Sh...@spectrumasa.com>.
Arthur

This is how I have mines, using old version

Centos 6.5
Python 2.6.6

WSGISocketPrefix run/wsgi

<VirtualHost *:80>

    WSGIDaemonProcess bloodhound_tracker user=apache python-path=/opt/html/bloodhound/installer/bloodhound/lib/python2.6/site-packages
    WSGIScriptAlias /bloodhound /opt/html/bloodhound/installer/bloodhound/site/cgi-bin/trac.wsgi

    <Directory /opt/html/bloodhound/installer/bloodhound/site/cgi-bin/>
      WSGIProcessGroup bloodhound_tracker
      WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL}
      Order deny,allow
      Allow from all
    </Directory>

    <LocationMatch "/bloodhound/">
#      AuthType Digest
#      AuthName "Bloodhound"
#      AuthDigestDomain /bloodhound
#      AuthUserFile /path/to/bloodhound/environments/main/bloodhound.htdigest
#      Require valid-user

        AuthType Kerberos
        AuthName KerberosLogin
        KrbServiceName HTTP/intranet.domain.com
        KrbMethodNegotiate On
        KrbMethodK5Passwd On
        KrbAuthRealms DOMAIN.COM
        Krb5KeyTab /etc/httpd/conf/intranet.keytab

        KrbSaveCredentials on

        AuthLDAPBindDN cn=ldaplookup,cn=Users,dc=domain,dc=com
        AuthLDAPBindPassword $upp0rt
        AuthLDAPURL ldap://ldapauth. domain.com/ou=Cairo,dc= domain,dc=com?userPrincipalName

        AuthzLDAPAuthoritative off

        Require ldap-group cn=dpusers,cn=Users,dc= domain,dc=com
        Require ldap-group cn=support,cn=Users,dc= domain,dc=com
        Require valid-user

    </LocationMatch>

  </VirtualHost>

Posted by Arthur Kahlich <ar...@millcomputing.com>.