Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Bill Pfeiffer <ws...@tampabay.rr.com> on 2001/11/01 02:35:27 UTC

BeanSerializer fails on java.sql.Date

I am trying to return a complex object via soap.  I have registered all
sub-objects and the soap call seems to be working fine.  However, when the
BeanSerializer gets to the java.sql.Date fields on my objects, I get an
IllegalArgumentException thrown on the getMinutes() property.  This property
is deprecated on java.sql.Date, but I wouldn't think that it should be
throwing an exception.

Has anyone come across this yet?  I would think that, with Soap front ending
database access a lot of the time, someone would have solved any issues with
java.sql.Date.

If I have to modify the BeanSerializer to address this, are there any
pointers on doing this?

Thanks,

Bill Pfeiffer

Re: BeanSerializer fails on java.sql.Date

Posted by Ong Boon Pang <on...@coleridge.com.sg>.
Hi Bill,

Long live Open Source...that is why you can modify this to suit your need.

Anyway, SOAP peeps should include all JDBC ResultSet supported type.
Like :
1)java.sql.Date
2)java.sql.Time
3)java.sql.Timestamp

Could you please publish the source?

Cheers,
Boon Pang
ongbp@coleridge.com.sg

Posted by Ong Boon Pang <on...@coleridge.com.sg>.
Hi Bill,

Posted by Bill Pfeiffer <ws...@tampabay.rr.com>.
The date is buried in an established data structure that I would rather not
tamper with.  I will look at DateSerializer to see what I can do.