Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Jean Charles Jabouille <JE...@BULL.NET> on 2004/06/01 15:22:05 UTC

ENVIRONNEMENT VARIABLE in log4j.properties

Hi,

I have a small question for Log4j community, how can I do to include an environnement
variable into my log4j.properties

For exemple, I'd'like to use the $JONAS_BASE variable in order to set the path of my
log file.

thanks for your answer.

Re: ENVIRONNEMENT VARIABLE in log4j.properties

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
At 03:22 PM 6/1/2004 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have a small question for Log4j community, how can I do to include an
>environnement
>variable into my log4j.properties
>
>For exemple, I'd'like to use the $JONAS_BASE variable in order to set the
>path of my
>log file.

Set a system property at runtime and refer to it as ${JONAS_BASE}.  Note
that this does not correspond to an environment variable.  It has to be set
as a Java system property.  You could do this...

java -DJONAS_BASE=/my/path/to/jonas DummyRunJonasClass

Jake