Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by ceepan <p_...@yahoo.com> on 2016/08/16 07:55:57 UTC

KahaDB Files not being cleaned up

I have a large number of db-*.log files in the data/kahadb directory of my
ActiveMQ directory.  I have tried following the instructions here:

http://activemq.apache.org/why-do-kahadb-log-files-remain-after-cleanup.html

My installation only has about 8 queues.  However 3 of them have large
number of messages (10000).  Consumers are slow and on a few occasions I
have used the Web Console to Purge the queues.  Does that mean that the
messages aren't acknowledged?  I am trying to understand why I still have 16
db-*.log files of 32Mb each.

Can somebody please explain?

I am currently running ActiveMq 5.13.2 but tried 5.14.0 and moved my db
files across.  This don't result in any cleanup.

Thanks,
Paul