Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Harish kumar <ha...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/08 11:58:02 UTC

SASL for Client connections

Hi,

I have enabled SASL on my Zookeeper, with below configuration.

*requireClientAuthScheme=sasl*
*authProvider.1=org.apache.zookeeper.server.auth.SASLAuthenticationProvider*

But still I see that, I am able to connect to zookeeper even without a
valid kerberos ticket.
Is there a way to restrict all client connections only with valid kerberos
ticket.

Zookeeper Version - 3.4.8

Thanks,
Harish

Re: SASL for Client connections

Posted by Abraham Fine <af...@apache.org>.
This is related to a long standing bug in our documentation (see: ZOOKEEPER-2668). requireClientAuthScheme does not actually do anything. It is never read by the code.

Posted by Abraham Fine <af...@apache.org>.
Hi Harish-