Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Taco Fleur <ta...@nella.net.au> on 2003/04/23 13:02:40 UTC

[users@httpd] Alias Problem

Hi,
I am puzzled by a problem, I was running Apache 1.3... for a while and
had everything set up fine, I am now running Apache 2.0.43 and have a
problem with some Aliases (See below).
The Alias to Manual works fine, the other two don't work at all no
matter what I try, am I missing something obvious or??.... Any help is
appreciated.

Alias /manual "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/manual"
<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/manual">
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews IncludesNoExec AddOutputFilter
Includes html AllowOverride None Order allow,deny Allow from
202.76.159.43
</Directory>

Alias /cfdocs "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/cfdocs"
<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/cfdocs">
Options Indexes MultiViews AllowOverride None Order allow,deny Allow
from all
</Directory>

Alias /CFIDE "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/CFIDE"
<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/CFIDE">

Re: [users@httpd] Alias Problem

Posted by Thomas Strike <st...@pacbell.net>.
Greetings Taco Fleur,

BOY DO I FEEL STUPID!  I hope that the cause of your problem isn't the same
as mine.

With Apache 1.3 the httpd.conf file resided in Linux's "/etc/httpd/conf"
subdirectory.  In Linux, Apache2 defaults to "/usr/local/Apache2/conf" as
it's httpd.conf file location. I had forgotten this since my original
configuration and all this time I have been modifying and trying to clean up
my old .conf file in the /etc/httpd/conf directory. DUH!  Mine is now
working since I modified the correct config file.

Good luck to you,
Tom S.

Posted by Thomas Strike <st...@pacbell.net>.
You and I are having the exact problem.  I had my Alias working before when
I was running Redhat7.2 and Apache1.3.  Then when my hard drives both
crashed, I rebuilt from the ground up with Redhat8 and Apache2 that Redhat
installed on the initial installation.  I have then since Downloaded the
complete and latest version of Apache and re-compiled it because Redhat
didn't install all the support modules that I needed in Apache.

I see by your File system structure, your running under Windows but we're
both running the same version of Apache2.    I am still looking for the
answer.  If I find a solution, I'll post it here.  If you do, please do the
same.

Thanks,
Tom S.