Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Britske <gb...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/01 21:32:38 UTC

Solr-J: automatic url-escaping gives invalid uri exception. How to workaround?

I have a custom requesthandler which does some very basic dynamic parameter
substitution.
dynamic params are params which are enclosed in braces ({}).

So this means i can do something like this:
q={order}...

where {order} is substituted by the name of an existing order-column.
Now this all works well when i supply such a query directly as un url in
firefox / IE.

However when i supply a query through SOLR-J I get an "invalid URI"
exception as SOLR-J automatically URLEncodes the braces and then passes this
onto Apache-HttpClient, which chokes on the URLEncoded URI.

Is there any way around passing things as braces trough SOLR-J such that the
resulting URL is correctly interprested by HttpClient?

Geert-Jan

Re: Solr-J: automatic url-escaping gives invalid uri exception. How to workaround?

Posted by Britske <gb...@gmail.com>.
I replaced { and } by (( resp. )). Not ideal (I like braces...) but it
suffices for now.
Still, if someone knows a general solution to the UrlEscaping-issue with
Solr-J i'd love to hear it.

Cheers,
Geert-Jan