Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Michael Cortez <mc...@fullcoll.edu> on 2002/05/03 19:42:37 UTC

Cocoon and DocBook?

I've browsed a bit through the archives, but I haven't found much on this --
so here goes.

I'm using Cocoon with DocBook, and Norman Walsh's DocBook 1.50 HTML style
sheets.

I've been able to successfully render trivial DocBook Articles, but can't
get cocoon to render and DocBook books.

Attached below are the relevant DocBook files, sitemap info and error
message.  Both DocBook XML files render fine outside of cocoon with my
normal DocBook tool chain, so I'm relatively sure the problem has something
to do with setting it up with cocoon.

Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

=====================================
My setup in sitemap.xmap:

    <map:match pattern="noagg.htm">
        <map:generate src="ogc/test.xml"/>

        <map:transform src="ogc/docbook/html/docbook.xsl"/>
        <map:serialize type="html"/>
    </map:match>

=====================================
When test.xml is this article, it renders correctly:
<article>
    <title>Flare Pebbles</title>
    <para>
        A bag of twenty pebbles.  Each is enchanted
        with a cantrip.  When thrown against a target,
        the pebble flares to a bright light on impoact,
        casuing the target to suffer a -1 penalty on
        attack rolls for 1 minute.  (DC13 for Fortitude
        saving throw to negate.)  They cause no damage,
        but up to three pebbles can be thrown at once
        at the same target.  Pebbles cannot be reused.
    </para>
</article>

=====================================
When test.xml is this book, it fails:
<book>
    <title>Flare Pebbles</title>
    <para>
        A bag of twenty pebbles.  Each is enchanted
        with a cantrip.  When thrown against a target,
        the pebble flares to a bright light on impoact,
        casuing the target to suffer a -1 penalty on
        attack rolls for 1 minute.  (DC13 for Fortitude
        saving throw to negate.)  They cause no damage,
        but up to three pebbles can be thrown at once
        at the same target.  Pebbles cannot be reused.
    </para>
</book>

=====================================
When it fails, it provides the following error:
    The org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap notifies that
    org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException says:

    Failed to execute pipeline.

    More precisely:

    org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException:
    Failed to execute pipeline.:
    java.lang.RuntimeException: 2 >= 2

Michael Cortez
Development Services
Fullerton College
http://www.fullcoll.edu

RE: Cocoon and DocBook?

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
I bet that's not cocoon problem but the stylesheet you are using and
Xalan. I bet that the next line after

>     org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException:
>     Failed to execute pipeline.:
>     java.lang.RuntimeException: 2 >= 2

is something like:

at org.apache.xalan.....

Check your stylesheet for problems or change Xalan version.

Vadim

--
Resistance is futile.