Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Brian Martin <br...@theory.org> on 2000/04/19 23:26:22 UTC

apache 2.0 port?

Hey everybody,

I was just wondering if there is anyone working on porting mod_perl to
apache 2.0.  I couldn't seem to find any mention of this on the web page
or list archives.

If noone else is working on this I'm willing to take a crack at it.

Brian

Re: apache 2.0 port?

Posted by Eric Cholet <ch...@logilune.com>.
On Wed, Apr 19, 2000 at 02:26:22PM -0700, Brian Martin wrote:
> Hey everybody,
>
> I was just wondering if there is anyone working on porting mod_perl to
> apache 2.0.  I couldn't seem to find any mention of this on the web page
> or list archives.
>
> If noone else is working on this I'm willing to take a crack at it.
>
> Brian

Doug is busy writing mod_perl 2.0 which works with perl 5.6 and
Apache 2.0. It's available from CVS at
http://perl.apache.org/from-cvs/modperl-2.0/
You can't do much with it yet but Doug is moving pretty fast.

--
Eric Cholet

Re: apache 2.0 port?

Posted by Stas Bekman <sb...@stason.org>.
On Wed, 19 Apr 2000, Brian Martin wrote:

> Hey everybody,
>
> I was just wondering if there is anyone working on porting mod_perl to
> apache 2.0.  I couldn't seem to find any mention of this on the web page
> or list archives.

As Eric pointed out -- the work is in a full progress

> If noone else is working on this I'm willing to take a crack at it.

But you are very welcome to jump in and help to make the progress even
better, am I right Doug?

The first step is to get subscribed to the CVS mailing list, to see those
patches as they are added...

The second is to start adding patches yourself :)

P.S. You know that Apache wasn't called after native American Indians
Apache tribe, but after a'patches that were made to the NCSA httpd.

Stas Bekman             | JAm_pH    --    Just Another mod_perl Hacker
http://stason.org/      | mod_perl Guide  http://perl.apache.org/guide
mailto:stas@stason.org  | http://perl.org    http://stason.org/TULARC/
http://singlesheaven.com| http://perlmonth.com http://sourcegarden.org