Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Jeudy, Guillaume" <gj...@teksystems.com> on 2009/04/06 17:59:59 UTC

Plugin does not exist or no valid version could be found

Hi,

I'm using maven 2.0.9 with a working setup that was fine last week. Now all of a sudden I get the below error, it can't find a plugin setup in my remote plugin repository:

The plugin repository is an alternate one setup in pluginRepositories section of my pom. I tried deleting my local repo completely but the issue does not go away...

The plugin repository URL does have the files: http://ctpjava.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/repository/

My local installation does not download the files, it only creates an empty <metadata/> tag in metadata file

under org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-hotdeploy-plugin directory. Any hints on what could be wrong?

Thanks,
-Guillaume

[INFO] Reactor build order:
[INFO]   RDM - POM Aggregator
[INFO]   RDM - Datasource - JAAS Login Config
[INFO]   RDM - Hibernate Mapping
[INFO]   RDM - TestUtils
[INFO]   RDM - Common
[INFO]   RDM - Service
[INFO]   RDMSD - Deployer
[INFO]   RDM - Enterprise Archive
[INFO]   RDM - Web
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'hotdeploy'.
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-hotdeploy-plugin' does not exi
st or no valid version could be found
[INFO] Total time: 2 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Apr 06 11:56:33 EDT 2009
[INFO] Final Memory: 29M/64M

This electronic mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or otherwise protected from disclosure to anyone other than its intended recipient(s). Any dissemination or use of this electronic email or its contents (including any attachments) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply email so that we may correct our internal records. Please then delete the original message (including any attachments) in its entirety. Thank you.

Re: Plugin does not exist or no valid version could be found

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> You are right I use " mvn hotdeploy:exploded "as recommended by the MOJO creator at: http://code.google.com/p/ctpjava/wiki/MavenSeamHotdeployPluginUsage
>
> I tried your approach with mvn (groupId):maven-hotdeploy-plugin:(version):exploded it goes further into the execution but it fails complaining the configuration is not being passed to the plugin.

I suggest you contact the original author (or the Users/Dev list
equivalent) of this plugin for additional assistance. I've never seen
this plugin in my life and don't have any ability to provide specific
help with it.

Wayne

RE: Plugin does not exist or no valid version could be found

Posted by "Jeudy, Guillaume" <gj...@teksystems.com>.
Wayne,

You are right I use " mvn hotdeploy:exploded "as recommended by the MOJO creator at: http://code.google.com/p/ctpjava/wiki/MavenSeamHotdeployPluginUsage

I tried your approach with mvn (groupId):maven-hotdeploy-plugin:(version):exploded it goes further into the execution but it fails complaining the configuration is not being passed to the plugin.

I looked deeper in the plugin sourcecode and I see a custom lifecycle being used. I'm quite confused by now. How can I invoke the plugin custom lifecycle? Maybe that why the parameters are not being passed to the plugin ?

<lifecycles>
    <lifecycle>
        <id>hotdeploy</id>
        <phases>