Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ramadoss Chinnakuzhandai <rc...@register.com> on 2003/11/05 21:54:06 UTC

Struts-Validation

Hi,
           I hv two fields field1 and field2

1. If field1 is null while field2 is empty I should throw error message that anyone of the field is mandatory....>>>>>>>>>I implemented using requiredif and its working fine.
2. when both fields are entered I should throw an error message that enter anyone of the field and not both.....>>>>>>> Can anybody suggest me how to handle such condition using Struts validation.xml..????

Tnx in advance.

-Ram

RE: Struts-Validation

Posted by Yansheng Lin <ya...@isogis.com>.
So you are saying you need something like
	notRequireIf
for field2, right?

That's a self-contradiction if you want to use them at the same time.
You will need to write your own validation for that.