Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Dunning, John" <JD...@goSPS.com> on 2002/01/07 17:46:15 UTC

Page numbering, FOP version

I'm sorry if this topic has been addressed before, but I couldn't find it in
the archives -- can FOP render page numbers as "page 1/(n[total number of
pages])"?

Also, the index page at xml.apache.org/fop states "The latest version of Fop
is 0.20.2 and it supports the xsl:fo XSL-FO Version 1.0 W3C Recommendation"
(with a link to XSL1.0), but the distribution directory lists the download
as Fop-0.20.2RC with a date of 29-Sep-2001 (which, when I downloaded it in
September, still used the CR syntax).  Has this file been updated to use the
Rec syntax, or is that available from CVS, or is this a typo?

Thanks in advance,
John

Re: Page numbering, FOP version

Posted by Cyril Rognon <cr...@objectiva.fr>.
You can do the page "1/(total nb of pages)" using some "last block
reference". I mean you can generate a block with a special id, like
"my-very-last-paragraph" within the last page. then, you can use a
page-number-citation that refers to your "my-very-last-paragraph" block.

as for the last FOP dist, I have the very same question you ask ... where
is the last REC dist ?

Hope that helps

Cyril