Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by nyhgan <ny...@yahoo.com> on 2004/09/08 06:31:48 UTC

Can't get servlet to work on tomcat5.0.x.

Hi,

I finished the apach2 and tomcat5.0.27 integration today, The JSP is fine, but the servlets are not working. When I try to login to my application, I got the "this page cannot be displayed" message. There are no error messages in catalina.out

I have the invoker servlet turn on. My serlets are package in a jar file, place under my WEB-INF/lib directory. Here are the related configurations

----------- web.xml ---------
<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN"
<web-app>
 <servlet>
  <servlet-name>loginHandler</servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>site.music.servlet.LoginHandler</servlet-class>
 </servlet>
</web-app>

workers2.properties
----------------------------

# Uri mapping for jsp
[uri:127.0.0.1/*.jsp]
group=ajp13:localhost:8009

# Uri mapping for jsp
[uri:127.0.0.1/servlet/*]
group=ajp13:localhost:8009

Re: Can't get servlet to work on tomcat5.0.x.

Posted by Jon Wingfield <jo...@mkodo.com>.
You need a <servlet-mapping> for your servlet. The Invoker servlet,
which gives you a configuration shortcut, has been disabled since Tomcat
4.1.12.

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/faq/misc.html#invoker

Posted by QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>.
On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 09:31:48PM -0700, nyhgan wrote:
: I finished the apach2 and tomcat5.0.27 integration today, The JSP is fine, but the servlets are not working. When I try to login to my application, I got the "this page cannot be displayed" message. There are no error messages in catalina.out

Step 1 of Apache/jk(2)/Tomcat debugging: take Apache and JK out of the
picture.  Enable an HTTP connector on Tomcat and access it directly.  If
that works, check the Apache setup.

Try to think of the Apache as a mask or a pass-through for Tomcat.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com