Posted to ddlutils-user@db.apache.org by Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/22 11:35:27 UTC

Link to an official ddlutils-dev.jar in an apache repository

I am trying to resolve an xmlbeans issue and I need a link to the
development jar. DdlUtils should really concider a release. I guess
that the bitwixt dependeny was a pending issue has that been resolved.

The issue is with one of the xmlbeans samples that uses was using
commons-sql and must be upgraded to ddlutils,

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XMLBEANS-227

--
Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy

Re: Link to an official ddlutils-dev.jar in an apache repository

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Tom,

On May 22, 2006, at 2:40 PM, Thomas Dudziak wrote:

> On 5/22/06, Craig L Russell <Cr...@sun.com> wrote:
>
>> You can create a SNAPSHOT release and post it to your people.a.o
>> account for testing by the community prior to releasing it to the
>> wild.
>>
>> You can look at how we did it on the jdo pages db.a.o/jdo and I'll be
>> happy to discuss the process with you.
>
> I'll do that once Firebird/Interbase support is in.
> But I thought there is also a way to have snapshot releases somewhere
> where maven can find them. I'll ask on the repository mailing list
> once the snapshot is finished.

The way to do this is to publish the maven artifacts in your
people.a.o account and tell folks to update their project.properties
to refer to your account in the remote repository entry. For example,
to publish group-id org.apache.ddlutils, artifact-id ddlutils,
version 1.0SNAPSHOT,

maven.repo.remote = http://www.ibiblio.org/maven, http://www.jpox.org/
downloads/maven, http://people.apache.org/~tomdz/dist/java-repository/

This will tell maven to look in your home directory to find, e.g.
dist/java-repository/org.apache.ddlutils/jars/ddlutils-1.0SNAPSHOT.jar

Craig

> cheers,
> Tom

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: Link to an official ddlutils-dev.jar in an apache repository

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.
On 5/22/06, Craig L Russell <Cr...@sun.com> wrote:

> You might consider adding a release to the JIRA for ddlutils with the
> "to be resolved" issues for a release. I can help you set this up if
> you like.

Yep, I'm currently finishing the alteration (only Firebird/Interbase
is left) and after that I'll assign versions to the open issues in
order to determine what's left for a release (though I'll postpone
most issues to the 1.1 or later).

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Thomas,

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.