Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Kristopher Kane <kk...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/06 17:23:51 UTC

TooManyFilesException.java - cannot find org.slf4j

Please bear with me as I'm cutting teeth on a lot of things to work on
ACCUMULO-720... like learning Java.  :-)

I did an SVN check out of trunk and compiled/ran it. Then I imported
the checkout into Eclipse and noticed that TooManyFilesException.java
is complaining about not being able to find org.slf4j.

When I compiled with Maven everything appeared to finish fine.  Does
mean that Maven ignored the missing import or that it downloaded the
dep at compile time?

Thanks for the help,

-Kris

Re: TooManyFilesException.java - cannot find org.slf4j

Posted by Kristopher Kane <kk...@gmail.com>.
I was not using m2eclipse, but, I am now and have imported the svn
copy using maven and it looks clean.

"Also, if you take a look at a Maven project in Eclipse, it will have a
section called Maven Dependencies that you can open and see what jars are
actually being pulled in."

 I found this and slf4j is under the Maven deps which explains my
original problem when I was simply importing the code as a project
without m2e.

Thanks for the help everyone.  A few more hurdles are down on the track.

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 11:23 AM, Kristopher Kane <kk...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Please bear with me as I'm cutting teeth on a lot of things to work on
> ACCUMULO-720... like learning Java.  :-)
>
> I did an SVN check out of trunk and compiled/ran it. Then I imported
> the checkout into Eclipse and noticed that TooManyFilesException.java
> is complaining about not being able to find org.slf4j.

Did you do Import -> Existing Maven Projects?  If the project appears to
have imported correctly as a Maven project (it creates a dozen-ish separate
Maven projects in your workspace), and it builds fine at the command line,
sometimes you just have to refresh and/or clean (Project -> Clean) the
workspace to make Eclipse happy.  Another sometimes-useful thing is right
click -> Maven -> Update Project Configuration (now Update Project in
Juno), though that should only be needed if a pom has changed.

Also, if you take a look at a Maven project in Eclipse, it will have a
section called Maven Dependencies that you can open and see what jars are
actually being pulled in.

Billie

Posted by Christopher Tubbs <ct...@gmail.com>.
These kinds of questions might be better suited to the user list.
However, you definitely need to build with Maven, whether you're
building within M2E using Eclipse or from the command line, because it
does download dependencies and puts them in locations expected by the
scripts to run.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.