Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Claude Petrini <pe...@wanadoo.fr> on 2001/11/11 22:48:55 UTC

Linux startup problem

If I start Tomcat and Apache like Linux service, catalina initially and apache after in the run levels 2,3,4 and 5 I obtain in apache error_log:
Connection "warpConnection" cannot connect.
If I restart apache after the root logon with the command "apachectl restart" all functions very well.
Why?

Re: Linux startup problem

Posted by Janek Bogucki <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
It seems that Tomcat continues starting up after the
shell script (startup.sh or catalina.sh) has returned.

Try delaying the start of Apache a bit (or delaying
the exit of the Tomcat script like this:

   startup.sh

   <snip></snip>
   $BASEDIR/catalina.sh start "$@"
   # delay 10 seconds
   sleep 10
)

Does anyone knows of a way to tell when Tomcat has
finished starting up?

-Janek