Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Morten Primdahl <mo...@caput.com> on 2000/05/04 12:13:42 UTC

Recommended litterature

Hi folks.

I've surfed around for a while, downloaded, read, printed
whatever I could get my hands on. I'd like a book however.
I read chapter 9 of the O'Reilly XML and Java, it's what
I need, but I also need more in depth material on whatever's
covered in the previous 8 chapters. So, what really really
good books are there? I want to create a Document object
based on info from an IMAP server, rather than an XML
file, make proper XSLT to the Document obj and send
output based on the result tree back to the client.
I'm confident in Java but need documentation on using
XSL/XML as in the above setup. Which reference is the best?
Anyone read Professional XML?

Thanks in advance

Morten

--
Morten Primdahl		Caput ApS	Tel +45 33 12 24 42
morten@caput.com	Nygade 6	Fax +45 33 91 24 42

Re: Recommended litterature

Posted by Rafael Oropeza <ro...@eud.com>.
Hi:

Perhaps this is not the best reference for your needs, but in
http://java.sun.com/xml/tutorial_intro.html you can find a reasonable
content to go. Inside http://java.sun.com/xml there is a lot of
references to good xml doc.

Morten Primdahl wrote:

> Hi folks.
>
> I've surfed around for a while, downloaded, read, printed
> whatever I could get my hands on. I'd like a book however.
> I read chapter 9 of the O'Reilly XML and Java, it's what
> I need, but I also need more in depth material on whatever's
> covered in the previous 8 chapters. So, what really really
> good books are there? I want to create a Document object
> based on info from an IMAP server, rather than an XML
> file, make proper XSLT to the Document obj and send
> output based on the result tree back to the client.
> I'm confident in Java but need documentation on using
> XSL/XML as in the above setup. Which reference is the best?
> Anyone read Professional XML?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Morten
>
> --
> Morten Primdahl         Caput ApS       Tel +45 33 12 24 42
> morten@caput.com        Nygade 6        Fax +45 33 91 24 42
> http://www.caput.com    DK-1164 Kbh K

Rafael Alberto Oropeza Baudet

(11) Three things are fundamental to an understanding of mourning.
First, each loss launches us on an inescapable course through grief.
Second, each loss revives all past losses. Third, each loss, if fully
mourned, can be a vehicle for growth and regeneration
Vamik D. Volkan, MD