Posted to user@bigtop.apache.org by Jagat Singh <ja...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/06 08:41:18 UTC

Bigtop Hadoop 3.2.1 error

Hi,

I am trying to use Bigtop to create deb file for Hadoop 3.2.1. I am using
Ubuntu 18.04.

In the process of doing this, many questions came to my mind which I wanted
to learn about.

1) I changed the bom file and ran gradle hadoop-deb command. Is this the
correct process to create any deb or rpm?
2) In what state you will use patches present in folder common/src/hadoop/
, is it only usable when upstream system make additional changes after
making a release?
3) Many times the build fails in between and I had to clean up build and
output folder both and restart. What is the process to pick from where is
failed to save time?
4) Follow-up for 3), Building the hadoop and building deb for hadoop are
two different things, what command can be used to do one after the another
manually to save time in case one fails.

> Task :hadoop-deb FAILED
dpkg-source: warning: extracting unsigned source package
(hadoop_3.2.1-1.dsc)
dpkg-source: error: unpack target exists: hadoop-3.2.1
dpkg-source: info: extracting hadoop in hadoop-3.2.1

4) How does Bigtop ensures compatability between products, example Hive is
compiled with Hadoop version 3.2.1. Based on my understanding in the mvn -D
commands there is an override and version it takes from the bom file the
version information. Is this understanding correct? Do I still need to
change any maven pom file for any software to ensure compatibility?
5) Are there any more resources to learn about Bigtop other than
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/Bigtop+Packaging. What
should I do next to learn more about Bigtop
6) Beside installing deb on my machine and playing with it, what else tests
are needed can be done to ensure it works as intended.
7) For Hadoop 3.1.2

I see there is a exit 1 in the install_hadoop.sh

My build fails around that, is there anyway to debug this. Why is this exit
1 ?
https://github.com/apache/bigtop/blob/master/bigtop-packages/src/common/hadoop/install_hadoop.sh#L438

+ '[' -e debian/tmp//usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce//hadoop-annotations-3.2.1.jar
']'
+ exit 1
debian/rules:55: recipe for target 'override_dh_auto_install' failed
make[1]: *** [override_dh_auto_install] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
'/home/jj/dev/code/open/bigtop/output/hadoop/hadoop-3.2.1'
debian/rules:27: recipe for target 'binary' failed
make: *** [binary] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules binary subprocess returned
exit status 2
debuild: fatal error at line 1152:
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -us -uc -ui -b
 failed

Thanks in advance

Re: Bigtop Hadoop 3.2.1 error

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.
> 6) Beside installing deb on my machine and playing with it, what else
tests are needed can be done to ensure it works as intended.

We've a testing framework that runs smoke tests pretty much in the
automatic way. Checkout [1].
Do aware that the deployment and testing feature is not fully covered
across all bigtop components. Checkout the supporting matrix[2]

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/Quickstart+Guide%3A+Bigtop+Integration+Test+Framework+2.0
[2]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/Overview+of+Bigtop+1.4.0+Support+Matrix

As Olaf said, just post your question here and we'd be happy to answer.

- Evans

Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de> 於 2020年6月6日 週六 下午9:48寫道:

Re: Bigtop Hadoop 3.2.1 error

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.

Re: Bigtop Hadoop 3.2.1 error

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
Hi

It might help if you look into the jobs behind the scenes in  ci.bigtop.apache.org <http://ci.bigtop.apache.org/> .  Please create an account there and I am happy to give you read access to the configuration of bigtop-trunk-packages for instance

Re: Bigtop Hadoop 3.2.1 error

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
Hi