Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Karl Wettin <ka...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/19 11:44:39 UTC

Hadoop 0.19/0.20

I'd like to upgrade from 0.17 to 0.19 to get my hands on hdfs append.
Are there any objections to that? I'm not sure wether or not 0.19
contains append in SequenceFile.Writer, but if not then I'd want to
switch to 0.20 (trunk). It's MAHOUT-19 that require this feature.

I could also wait another month or two, no problem.

        karl

Re: Hadoop 0.19/0.20

Posted by Karl Wettin <ka...@gmail.com>.
Append was not quite as supported as I hoped for it to be. Just added
HADOOP-3977 and it makes very little sense (for me) to upgrade Mahout
until it has been reviewed, cleaned up and and committed.

Re: Hadoop 0.19/0.20

Posted by Karl Wettin <ka...@gmail.com>.
I'm running 1.6 and Hadoop 0.19-dev in my local MAHOUT-19 setup. It
seems to work just fine. I'll run it a bit more before I commit
anything.

Re: Hadoop 0.19/0.20

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Re: Hadoop 0.19/0.20

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
I'm OK with it myself. Go for it and I'll fix up any incompatibilities
in my part of the code.

Re: Hadoop 0.19/0.20

Posted by Karl Wettin <ka...@gmail.com>.

Re: Hadoop 0.19/0.20