Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by WOB <wa...@verizon.net> on 2005/09/09 12:22:11 UTC

Making a file not under svn control, without deleting off others computers.

If file "local.config" is under SVN control, but I don't want it to be -
how do I make it not be under SVN control, without deleting it off other
peoples computers?

For example, if "local.config" has been checked in to the repository
accidently, but all my users have already started customizing it, is
there a way to just "release" it from SVN control?  I don't want to do a
"svn del local.config", only to have it get deleted off their machines
once they do an update.  The file needs to be there, just not under SVN
control.

thanks!

Re: Making a file not under svn control, without deleting off others computers.

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
WOB wrote:

> If file "local.config" is under SVN control, but I don't want it to be
> - how do I make it not be under SVN control, without deleting it off
> other peoples computers?
>
> For example, if "local.config" has been checked in to the repository
> accidently, but all my users have already started customizing it, is
> there a way to just "release" it from SVN control?  I don't want to do
> a "svn del local.config", only to have it get deleted off their
> machines once they do an update.  The file needs to be there, just not
> under SVN control.

Local changes are never lost, even if a file is deleted from the repository.

-- Brane