Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Pat Saunders <ps...@comcen.com.au> on 2002/01/30 22:42:14 UTC

Alternatives to hidden frames in Turbine framework?

G'day to all,
I am contemplating the best way to retrieve data from the server.
I have been mucking about using the "Pull model" and am very happy
with the clean manner in which I can get data from the server, and present
it inside the web page. When it comes to doing it dynamically, I have seen
it done with frames and basically it looks painful to code and maintain (and
many people on the net seem to agree).

I am curious as to how other bods do it  in the context of Turbine/Pull/Push
model that
improves in some way on using frames (which really is a hack as far as I'm
concerned).

I have read on article at
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2002/01/23/javascript.html?page=1

and it certainly appears to offer an alternative that can be wrapped in a
Velocity Macro, or other templating tool.

If people can point me to other tools/techniques that would be much
appreciated,

Thanks,

Patrick.