Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Gunnar Schmid <ma...@gunnar-schmid.de> on 2001/10/07 20:07:35 UTC

os-windows/8483: Message of class "notice" is logged as error

>Number:         8483
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Message of class "notice" is logged as error
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical

I use Allaire JRun 3.0 with Apache 1.3.20 on Windows NT.

I created two virtual hosts in httpd.conf, one that connects to JRun (listening on port 80) and one that doesn't (listening on port 8080, for development without JRun).

It seems that everything is running very well, but I get this message in NT application event log:

The Apache service named C:\Programme\Apache Group\Apache\Apache.exe reported the following error:
>How-To-Repeat:
- use Windows NT 4.0
- install Allaire JRun 3.0
- connect Jrun to Apache as described in JRun's documentation
- reboot the machine
- check the application log file and Apache's error.log
>Fix:
Please check if this output is intended.
 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]

 >>> [Wed Oct 03 15:02:04 2001] [notice] jrApache[init] JRun 3.0 3.00.3664 Apache module - Feb  8 2001 10:49:22 <<<
 before the error.log file could be opened.
 More information may be available in the error.log file.   .

 In Apache's error.log there is this message:

 [Wed Oct 03 15:02:04 2001] [notice] jrApache[init] JRun 3.0 3.00.3664 Apache module - Feb  8 2001 10:49:22

 Is this just a informational message or is it really an error?
 What can I do to avoid this output?