Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/07 13:59:37 UTC

NPE on ClientCnxnSocketNetty on 3.5.3-BETA

Hi all,
I have hit this error during internal tests of my product. The problem is
not always reproducible

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at
org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNetty.onClosing(ClientCnxnSocketNetty.java:206)
    at
org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.close(ClientCnxn.java:1395)
    at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn.disconnect(ClientCnxn.java:1440)
    at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn.close(ClientCnxn.java:1467)
    at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.close(ZooKeeper.java:1319)

I did not find any issue in JIRA related to this stacktrace

Does anyone ever hit this problem ?
Otherwise I will create a JIRA and start looking at the cause

Thanks
Enrico Olivelli

Re: NPE on ClientCnxnSocketNetty on 3.5.3-BETA

Posted by Abraham Fine <af...@apache.org>.
Your instructions to reproduce the issue sound about right. There is a
variable that is initialized during session creation and read during
closing, I think we are running into a race here.

Feel free to create a JIRA for this issue or tell me if you would like
me to do it. Any additional insights that you could put in the JIRA
ticket would be appreciated. I don't know of any reported issue that
would be related, but I could be missing something.

Thanks,
Abe

Posted by Enrico Olivelli - Diennea <en...@diennea.com>.
[...]

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately and destroy this email. Any unauthorized, direct or indirect, disclosure, copying, storage, distribution or other use is strictly forbidden.

Re: NPE on ClientCnxnSocketNetty on 3.5.3-BETA

Posted by Abraham Fine <af...@apache.org>.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Abraham Fine <af...@apache.org>.