Posted to user@spark.apache.org by akhandeshi <am...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/01 18:18:34 UTC

packaging from source gives protobuf compatibility issues.

scala> textFile.count()
java.lang.VerifyError: class
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.proto.ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos$CompleteReques
tProto overrides final method
getUnknownFields.()Lcom/google/protobuf/UnknownFieldSet;

I tried ./make-distribution.sh -Dhadoop.version=2.5.0 and
/usr/local/apache-maven-3.2.3/bin/mvn -Dhadoop.version=2.5.0 -DskipTests
clean package  both are giving same errors.  I am connecting to HDFS hosted
on hadoop version 2.5.0.

I will appreciate any help anyone can provide!
Thanks,

Ami