Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Phillip Rhodes <sp...@rhoderunner.com> on 2007/12/19 18:42:09 UTC

backport 5.0.5 fix to 4.1.3?

Hi.

I believe the same issue reported on tapestry 5.0.4 is happening in tapestry 4.1.3
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-1423
Can someone backport this to 4.1.3?

Thank you.

Basically, my app stops running and crashes with javassist no such class errors:

	... 100 more
Caused by: compile error: no such class: $Border_462
	at javassist.compiler.MemberResolver.searchImports(MemberResolver.java:416)
	at javassist.compiler.MemberResolver.lookupClass(MemberResolver.java:392)
	at javassist.compiler.MemberResolver.lookupClassByName(MemberResolver.java:306)
	at javassist.compiler.MemberResolver.resolveClassName(MemberResolver.java:450)
	at javassist.compiler.TypeChecker.resolveClassName(TypeChecker.java:131)
	at javassist.compiler.TypeChecker.atCastExpr(TypeChecker.java:545)
	at javassist.compiler.JvstTypeChecker.atCastExpr(JvstTypeChecker.java:103)
	at javassist.compiler.ast.CastExpr.accept(CastExpr.java:54)
	at javassist.compiler.TypeChecker.atCallExpr(TypeChecker.java:653)
	at javassist.compiler.JvstTypeChecker.atCallExpr(JvstTypeChecker.java:156)
	at javassist.compiler.ast.CallExpr.accept(CallExpr.java:45)
	at javassist.compiler.CodeGen.doTypeCheck(CodeGen.java:235)
	at javassist.compiler.CodeGen.compileExpr(CodeGen.java:222)
	at javassist.compiler.CodeGen.atReturnStmnt2(CodeGen.java:591)
	at javassist.compiler.JvstCodeGen.atReturnStmnt(JvstCodeGen.java:424)
	at javassist.compiler.CodeGen.atStmnt(CodeGen.java:356)
	at javassist.compiler.ast.Stmnt.accept(Stmnt.java:49)
	at javassist.compiler.CodeGen.atStmnt(CodeGen.java:344)
	at javassist.compiler.ast.Stmnt.accept(Stmnt.java:49)
	at javassist.compiler.CodeGen.atMethodBody(CodeGen.java:285)
	at javassist.compiler.Javac.compileBody(Javac.java:212)
	at javassist.CtBehavior.setBody(CtBehavior.java:341)

Re: backport 5.0.5 fix to 4.1.3?

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
I can certainly look in to it some but I don't think that this is the same
problem.   The class in question is another generated class that should
theoretically have been generated by the same javassist instance pool that
everything else is done in.   This has come up before but I've never been
able to re-produce it.   If you have any new information about that part I'd
love to hear it.

On Dec 19, 2007 4:54 PM, Phillip Rhodes <sp...@rhoderunner.com> wrote:

> More information, although, I am confused why I alone would be having this
> problem with 4.1.3?
>
> There is no ClassFabUtils in tapestry 4.1.3, it uses a ClassFabUtils in
> hivemind.  The tapestry 5.x went with a embedded ClassFabUtils.
>
> I went into the hivemind svn repo, and do not see a tag or release called
> "1.1.1" (the version that tapestry uses).  I did pull down a 1.1-rc1 and
> it does contain the following method in ClassFabUtils:
>    public static String getJavaClassName(Class inputClass)
>    {
>        if (inputClass.isArray())
>            return getJavaClassName(inputClass.getComponentType()) + "[]";
>
>        return inputClass.getName();
>    }
>
> This is the method that was patched in the bug listed below:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-1423
>
> 1)  commit change to hivemind ClassFabUtils
> My opinion is that this is an inappropriate patch for hivemind.  We can't
> be committing code to have hivemind looking for an offset of the "$" to
> return a class instance (or can we?)  this seems specific to tapestry.
>
> 2) commit change to hivemind ClassFabUtils and run "special" copy of
> hivemind for tapestry (ugh!)
>
> 3) change tapestry 4.1.3 to use embedded ClassFabUtils like tapestry 5.x
>

> I would appreciate hearing that I have been working too much and forgot to
> put something in the classpath....
>

> Phillip

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry / OGNL / Dojo team member/developer

Re: backport 5.0.5 fix to 4.1.3?