Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Maria Jose Esteve <mj...@iest.com> on 2021/08/01 17:26:31 UTC

@externs, overlay layer

Hello community,

I'm integrating virtual-select [1], a javascript plugin for dropdown with virtual scroll (with support for more than 100.000 dropdown options), through @extern in a Jewel project [2].
It works very very well BUT I have a problem with the dropdown box, as when it exceeds the height of the parent container, inside the mxml, it hides underneath [3]. I understand what is happening and I can fix it if I put all the parent containers with overflow: visible, but obviously this is not the solution. I don't control DOM manipulation and I think the solution would be to "move the dropdown box" from the js container to ours but, I don't know how to do it... "maybe I'm saying the dumbest thing you can say..." if this is the case, forgive me 😝

Can anyone give me a clue where I can go from here? Is there a solution?

Thx.
Hiedra

[1] https://github.com/sa-si-dev/virtual-select
[2] https://github.com/mjesteve/royale-examples-community/tree/AlternativeDropDown