Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Peter Kahn <ci...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/15 14:40:35 UTC

Svn 1.4.2 failed duing unit tests

I'm building svn on fedora core 4 and it failed one of the unit tests during
make check.  Can someone help me resolve this?

Error:
  At least one test FAILED, checking /root/svn142/subversion-1.4.2/tests.log
  FAIL:  switch_tests.py 17: refresh the WC file system read-only attribute
  At least one test was SKIPPED, checking /root/svn142/subversion-1.4.2
/tests.log
  SKIP:  utf8_tests.py 1: conversion of paths and logs to/from utf8
  SKIP:  svnsync_tests.py 14: verify that unreadable content is not synced
  SKIP:  svnsync_tests.py 15: verify that copies from unreadable dirs work
  SKIP:  authz_tests.py 1: authz issue #2486 - open root
  SKIP:  authz_tests.py 2: authz issue #2486 - open directory
  SKIP:  authz_tests.py 3: broken authz files cause errors
  SKIP:  authz_tests.py 4: test authz for read operations
  SKIP:  authz_tests.py 5: test authz for write operations
  SKIP:  authz_tests.py 6: test authz for checkout
  SKIP:  authz_tests.py 7: test authz for log and tracing path changes
  SKIP:  authz_tests.py 8: test authz for checkout and update
  SKIP:  authz_tests.py 9: test authz for export with unreadable subfolder

Details:
    OS 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4
    Svn 1.4.2
    Apache 2.0.59
    apr4 0.9.12
    neon 0.25.5
    zlib-1.2.3

apache configured: ./configure --enable-dav --enable-so
--enable-maintainer-mode

svn configured:
 neon copied into the svn build directory
./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs

--
Peter Kahn
citizenkahn@gmail.com

Re: Svn 1.4.2 failed duing unit tests

Posted by Peter Kahn <ci...@gmail.com>.
You got me.  I was root.  I had just setup a test box do to a proof of
concept before rolling it out to production.  I only had a root account on
it.

Adding it to the Faq sounds good.  You could also build it into the make
check target itself.  If you run make check as root, then it terminates with
an error.  In that way its a FAQless faq.

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.