Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Rosenbaum, Larry M." <ro...@ornl.gov> on 2008/12/05 17:58:26 UTC

Backup command for AWL?

The Bayes database can be backed up and restored with sa-learn --backup/--restore.  Is there any similar way to back up and restore a MySQL-based AWL database?  The "check_whitelist" command is only good for DBM files.

RE: Backup command for AWL?

Posted by "Rosenbaum, Larry M." <ro...@ornl.gov>.
> From: Theo Van Dinter [mailto:felicity@apache.org]
>
> On Fri, Dec 05, 2008 at 11:58:26AM -0500, Rosenbaum, Larry M. wrote:
> > The Bayes database can be backed up and restored with sa-learn --
> backup/--restore.  Is there any similar way to back up and restore a
> MySQL-based AWL database?  The "check_whitelist" command is only good
> for DBM files.
>
> If you're using MySQL, why not just use the standard MySQL backup
> tools?
> ie: mysqldump, etc.

That's a possibility.  I'm currently doing that for AWL and Bayes, but I have a question.  Why does the output from mysqldump get bigger every day, while the output from sa-learn --backup stays at about the same size?  (The expiry job appears to be working properly.)  It's like the bayes_token table is getting larger but still holding the same amount of data.

Re: Backup command for AWL?

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"Stop stealing my blanket.  You're an arctic wolf for god sakes.  You're