Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Guillaume Bodet <gb...@financeactive.com> on 2012/03/27 12:47:37 UTC

Remote validator

Hi all,

I'm working on implementing a remote validator for T 5.3.
The remote validator should perform an ajax call to the field's container component to check wether the value is valid, and have the same behavior as other client-side validations.
Here is what I did :
- extend AbstractValidator to create a RemoteValidator class
- extend JS Validators (providing a "remote" validator that performs the ajax call and throw the appropriate message if invalid)
- contribute ValidatorSource to add my validator

The overall design seems allright but I have a problem accessing the field's container component inside the validator.
The render method of the Validator only provides access to the Field and FormSupport interfaces. None on them gives me a handle to the ComponentResources. Hence, I cannot create the link to the component event handler method that should be called via ajax.

Is there any way to access a field container component or ComponentResources from inside a validator class?

Best regards

Guillaume

Re: Remote validator

Posted by Guillaume Bodet <gb...@financeactive.com>.
It just works!

Thanks Thiago (and so sorry not to have figured it out by myself ;;)

Regards

Guillaume

Re: Remote validator

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
<gb...@financeactive.com> wrote:

> Hi all,

Hi!

> Is there any way to access a field container component or
> ComponentResources from inside a validator class?

Have you tried casting the Field parameter to Component?

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor
http://www.arsmachina.com.br