Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Serhiy Polyakov <sp...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/13 22:36:57 UTC

Lucene SRW/SRU

Hi,

I want to access Lucene index with SRW Web Service and the SRU. I know
that Online Computer Library Center has one implementation:
http://www.oclc.org/research/announcements/2003-11-07b.htm
But it is kind of limited to DSpace digital repository system (I will
check more about that).

Could you please advise about other implementations if any?

Thanks,
Serhiy

Re: Lucene SRW/SRU

Posted by Edward Summers <eh...@pobox.com>.
On Oct 13, 2006, at 4:36 PM, Serhiy Polyakov wrote:
> I want to access Lucene index with SRW Web Service and the SRU. I know
> that Online Computer Library Center has one implementation:
> http://www.oclc.org/research/announcements/2003-11-07b.htm
> But it is kind of limited to DSpace digital repository system (I will
> check more about that).
>
> Could you please advise about other implementations if any?

The Extensible Text Framework [1] from the California Digital Library
is a wrapper around Lucene and provides (among other things) a SRU
Servlet [2].

//Ed

[1] http://www.cdlib.org/inside/projects/xtf/
[2] http://xtf.sourceforge.net/WebDocs/HTML/XTF_Experimental_Features/