Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Achim Nierbeck <ac...@ptv.de> on 2010/08/27 11:25:37 UTC

Please enlighten me

How does the property

org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra

work different than the

org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation

Because com.sun.* is set in the bootdelegation but the bundle
Apache ServiceMix Bundles: saaj-impl-1.3.2 (1.3.2.1)
wasn't able to get access to com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.dom

when configuring the
org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra
with this package (com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.dom)
it was starting.

As far as I understood the bootdelegation should already have done this,
right?

BTW, using Karaf 2.0.0 and I found the hint by accident on Jamie Goodyears
Blog

Thanx, Achim

Re: Please enlighten me

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <ac...@ptv.de>.
OK, I can live with this.
Only the webconsole did give me some other "hints"

INFO: com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.dom,version=0.0.0 from
org.eclipse.osgi (0) -- Overwritten by Boot Delegation

never the less, thanks a lot for making this clearer to me :)

Re: Please enlighten me

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

>> given packages.
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 11:25, Achim Nierbeck <ac...@ptv.de>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> How does the property
>>>
>>> org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra
>>>
>>> work different than the
>>>
>>> org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation
>>>
>>> Because com.sun.* is set in the bootdelegation but the bundle
>>> Apache ServiceMix Bundles: saaj-impl-1.3.2 (1.3.2.1)
>>> wasn't able to get access to com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.dom
>>>
>>> when configuring the
>>> org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra
>>> with this package (com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.dom)
>>> it was starting.
>>>
>>> As far as I understood the bootdelegation should already have done this,
>>> right?
>>>
>>> BTW, using Karaf 2.0.0 and I found the hint by accident on Jamie

Open Source SOA
http://fusesource.com

Re: Please enlighten me

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <ac...@ptv.de>.
OK,

Re: Please enlighten me

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra =
Framework environment property identifying extra packages which the
system bundle must export from the current execution environment.
This property is useful for configuring extra system packages in
addition to the system packages calculated by the framework.

org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation =
Framework environment property identifying packages for which the
Framework must delegate class loading to the parent class loader of
the bun- dle.

Boot delegation does not require a bundle to import the pacakge,
whereas the extra property will only make the system bundle export the
given packages.

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 11:25, Achim Nierbeck <ac...@ptv.de> wrote:

> How does the property
>
> org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra
>
> work different than the
>
> org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation
>
> Because com.sun.* is set in the bootdelegation but the bundle
> Apache ServiceMix Bundles: saaj-impl-1.3.2 (1.3.2.1)
> wasn't able to get access to com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.dom
>
> when configuring the
> org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra
> with this package (com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.dom)
> it was starting.
>
> As far as I understood the bootdelegation should already have done this,
> right?
>
> BTW, using Karaf 2.0.0 and I found the hint by accident on Jamie Goodyears
> Blog
>
> Thanx, Achim

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet