Posted to user@struts.apache.org by bl...@attglobal.net on 2002/12/27 17:13:31 UTC

No getter method available...

I'm embarassed to ask this question, but I've tried everything thing I
can think of to no avail.  I have a very simple application that
creates an e-mail via a fill-in form.  It currently has two different
forms, and I'm adding a third.   The problem?  I continue to get:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Exception forwarding for name
individual: javax.servlet.ServletException: No getter method available
for property comments for bean under name
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN

I've verified that the form bean has the appropriate getComments()
method.  I've added a constructor which does a simple
System.out.prinln("Bean Instantiated") to the form bean to ensure that
it is being instantiated; it is.  I even have tried reconfiguring to
use the form bean (dualmeetresultform) from which this one was
patterned (and which contains the requisite fields) to see if the
behaviour changes, but to no avail.

Attached is the struts-config.xml file.   Would some kind soul give me
a hint as to the stupid configuration mistake I've made or some tips
to find the problem?  It's the individualreportform and /individual
action that's causing me the grief.

TIA,

Barry

<!-- ========== Form Bean Definitions
=================================== -->
<form-beans>

<form-bean  name="dualmeetresultform"
   type="com.blkline.reportmail.forms.DualMeetResultsForm" />

<form-bean  name="statstarsform"
   type="com.blkline.reportmail.forms.StatStarsForm"  />

<form-bean  name="individualreportform"
   type="com.blkline.reportmail.forms.IndividualReportForm" />

</form-beans>

<!-- ========== Global Forward Definitions
============================== -->
<global-forwards>

<forward name="dualmeet"
    path="/do/dualmeetresult"/>

<forward name="statstars"
    path="/do/statstars" />

<forward name="individual"
    path="/do/individualreport"/>

</global-forwards>

<!-- ========== Action Mapping Definitions
============================== -->
<action-mappings>

 <action     path="/dualmeetresult"

type="com.blkline.reportmail.actions.DualMeetResultsAction"
             name="dualmeetresultform"
            input="/WEB-INF/pages/dualmeetresults.jsp"
         validate="false"
            scope="request">
             <forward name="success"
path="/WEB-INF/pages/dualmeetresults.jsp"/>
 </action>

 <action     path="/individualreport"

type="com.blkline.reportmail.actions.IndividualReportAction"
             name="individualreportform"
            input="/WEB-INF/pages/individualreport.jsp"
         validate="false"
            scope="request">
             <forward name="success"
path="/WEB-INF/pages/individualreport.jsp"/>
   </action>

[snip]
--
Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments.