Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by di...@clearstream.com on 2005/11/18 15:24:41 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.1.9 build under Windows 2003 with Visual Studio .NET : Corrupt distribution files?

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to build Apache 2.1.9 on Windowsd 2003 Server platform and once
I had unzipped the .tar.gz or .bz2 files

- I added a awk in the path
- I downloaded the apr-inconv sources
- I put a .cmd file to match msdev with the new name of the executable
"devenv"
- The nmake process tells me  the .ds* files needs to be converted but
when I open those files with the IDE I get a corrupt file message for
every module except mod_imagemap
I get the same thing with Visual Studio .NET 2003 or 2005, I tried the
2.1.8- release and it did the same thing

Did somebody had a similar experience or manage to build Apache 2.1. on a
Win platform with Visual Studio 7.x or 8.x ?

And yes, I downloaded the files from different mirrors ;-)

---
Dimitri Janczak,

To make communications with Clearstream easier, Clearstream has
recently changed the email address format to conform with industry
standards. The new format is 'firstname.familyname@clearstream.com'.

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream
International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of
this message.

legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically
states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of
its affiliates or subsidiaries.

END OF DISCLAIMER

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.1.9 build under Windows 2003 with Visual Studio .NET : Corrupt distribution files?

Posted by Gustavo Lopes <Ca...@netcabo.pt>.
Oh I forgot to mention, I also got it to work with Visual C++ 2005 Express
Edition (that's version 8), it's just that I don't like the version of the C
runtime library it uses.

Gustavo Lopes

Posted by di...@clearstream.com.

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Well, the .zip file is DOS text encoded for line endings, so that's
probably what you wanted.

Have no fear though, if you look in srclib/apr/build/ there is a simple
perl script called lineends.pl, by default does a recursive fix from
your current working directory, so just run this script from the
apache source root directory.

Before starting visual studio again, you probably should
   del *.sln *.vcproj /r
to clean up any leftovers from the first conversion attempt.

Bill