Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by srikaanth <sr...@snovabits.com> on 2014/04/02 09:28:18 UTC

Re: Reg: How to set progressive display whole project

On Saturday 29 March 2014 02:42 AM, Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Mar 2014 08:02:21 -0300, srikaanth
> <sr...@snovabits.com> wrote:
>
>> I have seen jumpstart example about the progressive display its
>> working fine.  But it sets for the single page only . If i have 50
>> page and for the 50 page i need to work the same process ? . its
>> difficult.  Is any way to set progressive universally for the whole
>> project .
>
> No. ProgressiveDisplay is a component, so you need to declare it in
> all pages you need to use it. Or, if that's possible for your case
> (i.e. the content you need to put inside a ProgressiveDisplay is
> shared between pages), put it in your Layout component.

My requirment is when i click a submit button . the button has long
operation to process. i need to show progressdisplay during the
operation till the operation complets.  Is anyway , i checked jumpstart
i has given for eventlink.  If yes please help me with small example ..

RE: Reg: How to set progressive display whole project

Posted by Thilo Tanner <th...@reprisk.com>.
Hi,

there are several ways to achieve such a behavior. One example below.

The idea is simple, you place your start button within a zone and after the click, you replace the zone content with your progressive display.

Java:

    @Inject
    private Block display;

    public Object onStart()
    {
        return display;
    }

    void onProgressiveDisplay()
    {
        // long running task goes here
    }

Template:

<t:zone t:id="task">
    <t:eventlink t:id="startLink" event="start" zone="task">
        Start Task
    </t:eventlink>
</t:zone>

<t:block t:id="processing">
    Processing
</t:block>

<t:block t:id="display">
    <t:progressivedisplay initial="block:processing">
        Finished
    </t:progressivedisplay>
</t:block>

I hope this helps.