Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jeb Scarbrough <je...@hotmail.com> on 2004/01/08 19:45:44 UTC

XML and dynabean

I have a form where a user will upload an xml document or xml string.  I
want to convert that xml doc or string into a javabean.  The XML documents
could vary each post.  Does struts provide a way to convert this to a bean
on the fly?  I think that I essentially I want to emulate the way
dynaformbeans are created.  I searched and havent found any real good ways
to do this.  Thanks.

Re: XML and dynabean

Posted by Brice Ruth <br...@fiskars.com>.
I think you *might* be looking for something like betwixt. See here:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/betwixt/

Jeb Scarbrough wrote:

>I have a form where a user will upload an xml document or xml string.  I
>want to convert that xml doc or string into a javabean.  The XML documents
>could vary each post.  Does struts provide a way to convert this to a bean
>on the fly?  I think that I essentially I want to emulate the way
>dynaformbeans are created.  I searched and havent found any real good ways
>to do this.  Thanks.

Brice D. Ruth
Sr. IT Analyst
Fiskars Brands, Inc.