Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Sean Machin <sm...@p-gene.com> on 2003/11/03 07:24:57 UTC

RE: any way to ensure using latest xerces*.jars?

I am deploying a parsing app to a servlet server on which
I have minimal control over jars in the classpath.  I suspect
that my servlet is picking up old parser implementations
before the Xerces 2.5.0 in the classpath.

Is there any way to "force" an app. to use a specific
version of Xerces or otherwise ensure it's only using
code from the latest libs?

Thanks,
Sean

Re: any way to ensure using latest xerces*.jars?

Posted by Maksym Kovalenko <mk...@marketswitch.com>.
Easiest way to find out what version is actually on your classpath is to
invoke one of the methods on org.apache.xerces.impl.Version
At least you can check and throw errors for old versions.

Sean Machin wrote:

>I am deploying a parsing app to a servlet server on which
>I have minimal control over jars in the classpath.  I suspect
>that my servlet is picking up old parser implementations
>before the Xerces 2.5.0 in the classpath.
>
>Is there any way to "force" an app. to use a specific
>version of Xerces or otherwise ensure it's only using
>code from the latest libs?
>
>Thanks,
>Sean

Maksym Kovalenko