Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Mertz, Richard" <RM...@cityofevanston.org> on 2003/07/17 17:43:38 UTC

[users@httpd] alias directive and stunnel

We are attempting to use stunnel between two servers.  We find that when
we send messages through stunnel, the alias apache directive does not
get used.  The data:

1.                   Client makes following request url to:
https://ServerA:8200/abc/index.html

2.                   stunnel on ServerA takes https request and sends it
to apache on ServerB on port 80

3.                   Apache on ServerA gets request and looks for actual
document {DOCUMENT_ROOT}/abc/index.html instead of using alias for /abc/

I know that ServerA gets the /abc/index.html request because if there is
an actual {DOCUMENT_ROOT}/abc/index.html it will display it.

Speculation:  The https request that is sent through stunnel (which
decrypts the message) somehow has a header on it that causes apache to
not process the alias.  Currently that is all I can think of.

Anyone have any ideas?

Richard Mertz

Information Systems

City of Evanston