Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Justin Posey <em...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/03 09:29:49 UTC

Does Thrift Support C++ in Windows?

Am I reading the quote below correctly?  I have a C++ dll running in windows
that I would like to communicate with a Java app via Thrift.  Will this not
work?  Thanks!

"The following instructions are for making the thrift *compiler* only. The
Thrift C++ runtime library does not currently work on Windows. This means
that you'll be able to compile
ThriftIDL<http://wiki.apache.org/thrift/ThriftIDL>files to
C++/Java/Python/etc., but you won't be able to compile and run the
generated C++ code under Windows."

~Justin

Re: Does Thrift Support C++ in Windows?

Posted by Justin Posey <em...@gmail.com>.
Much appreciated.  I will take a look...

--

Willem de Kooning  - "The trouble with being poor is that it takes up all
your time."

Re: Does Thrift Support C++ in Windows?

Posted by David Engberg <de...@evernote.com>.

Posted by Justin Posey <em...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!  I'm less worried about building on windows and more worried
about the ability to run the generated C++ code in a windows dll to
communicate with a Java app. Anyone have any experience?

Justin

Posted by Jaewon An <i2...@gmail.com>.