Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org> on 2003/04/04 19:47:06 UTC

[OT] Re: [RT] the quest for the perfect template language

"Stefano Mazzocchi" <st...@apache.org> wrote:

> [I wonder if laughing at this hopelessly moves me from the 'youngs' into
> the 'olds'... who cares anyway ;-)]

I was downloading yesterday Doom for my cellphone (yeah, it runs)... As the
page was going, it mentioned: "you won't find any wad file in here" (the
game files for doom) "as they are owned by ID Software, but you can find
them on any original DOOM cd for a PC" [...]

Fair enough until they said where to find that mystical "original CD"... the
answer was straightforward: "go and ask your father, the original DOOM is so
old"...

I still remember when me, Fede and Stefano were bewildered playing Doom back
in Pavia, and we were _GROWN_UP_ADULTS_ :-( :-(

Ste, we _are_ in the "olds" :-( :-( :-(

    Pier

Re: [OT] Re: [RT] the quest for the perfect template language

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Pier Fumagalli wrote:
> "Stefano Mazzocchi" <st...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>[I wonder if laughing at this hopelessly moves me from the 'youngs' into
>>the 'olds'... who cares anyway ;-)]
>

> I was downloading yesterday Doom for my cellphone (yeah, it runs)... As the
> page was going, it mentioned: "you won't find any wad file in here" (the
> game files for doom) "as they are owned by ID Software, but you can find
> them on any original DOOM cd for a PC" [...]
>
> Fair enough until they said where to find that mystical "original CD"... the
> answer was straightforward: "go and ask your father, the original DOOM is so
> old"...

LOL!

> I still remember when me, Fede and Stefano were bewildered playing Doom back
> in Pavia, and we were _GROWN_UP_ADULTS_ :-( :-(

Who, me? you? fede? get real ;-)

--
Stefano.