Posted to dev@rocketmq.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <cd...@apache.org> on 2024/03/15 10:49:59 UTC

[Feedback] Personal feedback on your last release vote thread (Apache RocketMQ EventBridge 1.1.0)

Hi all,

while reviewing the projects latest activity as preparation for this month's board meeting, I came across the vote thread on EventBridge 1.1.0 which seems to have been open for almost a month now with only 2 votes (as far as I can tell). What is the status of this?

Also, as I wanted to find out if the artifacts have already been released to Maven Central, I had a quick check of the github repo at: https://github.com/apache/rocketmq-eventbridge

I did very quickly spot several things that are not ok there ... first of all: We require Maven projects being released to refer to the latest version of the Apache parent pom. This is in order to ensure all requirements for Apache releases are met and configuration for deployment on Apache infra are ok. You seem to be still referring to Apache parent 18, however we are currently at version 31. It would be great if you could have a check with all RocketMQ repos and potentially update this everywhere.

Also does the NOTICE file refer to 2022 ... that should be updated to 2024 (Also possibly everywhere).

Thanks, and I hope this sort of feedback is welcome, if not ... let me know and I'll try to remember that.

Also please keep me in CC as I'm not subscribed to this list.

Chris