Posted to user@commons.apache.org by David Soulayrol <da...@ago.fr> on 2004/01/16 20:50:38 UTC

[NET] Problem in TelnetInputStream

Hello,

I'm using Commons Net 1.1.0 with Java 1.4.2 on Linux RedHat.

I have written a driver to do some RFC2217 communication. All initial
subnegotiation is ok, and when I send a first command to the distant
serial port ("ATZ"), I receive the correct answer ("0\r").

But then, everytime a message should come up through the telnet
connection, I get nothing immediatly. When another message is sent, I
get the first one. And so on... Or if I write myself something, then the
message I was waiting for is also unlocked from the socket.

I've tracked down the problem in TelnetInputStream, and it seems that
the program gets stuck in the super.read() method, at the top of
__read(). I have checked with Ethereal that the message I'm waiting for
has correctly been transmitted over the network, but this read() method
keeps blocked.

I didn't find any cause of deadlock anywhere. I'm trying to get a
lighter program to reproduce the problem.

Does anyone had something similar ? The problem is becoming quite urgent
now.

Thanks,
David.