Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by "Boylan, James" <JA...@orbitz.com> on 2012/11/28 00:09:35 UTC

Question about Network Domains

Has anyone had any luck with having different Network Domain suffixes assigned for different Accounts or Domains?

Is there some special configuration that has to be assigned to make it work as expected. (People creating instances who are a member of a domain with a suffix get the suffix of that domain, etc?)

-- James

RE: Question about Network Domains

Posted by "Boylan, James" <JA...@orbitz.com>.
It was create before. Ok. That explains it. Thanks!

-- James

________________________________
From: <Boylan>, James <JA...@orbitz.com>>
To: "'cloudstack-users@incubator. org'" <cl...@incubator.apache.org>>

So if I assign a network domain on an account. It should override all other settings and a network assigned in a domain's network domain should override the network domain on the zone, correct?

Thats what I had thought to be the case. What might cause this behavior not to manifest? I'm having the network domain that I assigned when creating the zone applied to everything and nothing I do seems to change this behavior. (I have already restarted the Management, the Virtual Router and both System VMs)

-- James

From: <Boylan>, James <JA...@orbitz.com>>
To: "'cloudstack-users@incubator. org'" <cl...@incubator.apache.org>>
Subject: Question about Network Domains