Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sinming Law <sl...@smallworld.com> on 2000/03/02 16:58:38 UTC

producer auto-reloading

Hi folks.
Does anyone know if auto reloading works for cocoon, particularly on 1.7.

Re: producer auto-reloading

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
> Sinming Law wrote:
>
> Hi folks.
> Does anyone know if auto reloading works for cocoon, particularly on
> 1.7. From reading about servlet reloading I've found that servlets are
> reloaded when they reside in the repositories, but starting with 1.6
> all cocoon files are picked up from the classpath, not from the
> repository. So is there a way to achieve auto reloading of producers
> in some way?

Not yet. But it will be available in Cocoon 2.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: producer auto-reloading

Posted by Mike Engelhart <me...@earthtrip.com>.
Sinming Law wrote:

> Hi folks.
> Does anyone know if auto reloading works for cocoon, particularly on 1.7. From
> reading about servlet reloading I've found that servlets are reloaded when
> they reside in the repositories, but starting with 1.6 all cocoon files are
> picked up from the classpath, not from the repository. So is there a way to
> achieve auto reloading of producers in some way?
>
> thanks a lot,
> Sinming
Use XSP.  when a page is changed the new XSP is compiled into a new producer
on the fly.

Mike