Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/16 21:13:06 UTC

Fwd: Do we meet the definition of ECCN 5D002 ?

We have on the ivy-dev mailing a question for which we requires some help.

seen this subject aborded.

Thanks for your advices

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 8/16/07, Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> I just found [1], and I was wonderiing if we don't fall under the
> definition of ECCN 5D002 for our binary distribution with deps.  In
> this distribution we include binaries that support https, sft and ssh (and
> maybe other via vfs).
>
> Does that fall under the definition of ECCN 5D002 ?

possibly

AIUI one of the problems is that the regulations are fairly opaque

the best place to ask is on the apache legal-discuss list

> PS: Note that if it is the case, there are probably a lot of other
> project missing in [2]

quite possibly

it's actually quite hard to tell. i've run a POM->RDF on the maven 2
repository but only turned up one project which turned out not to
require a license :-/

- robert

Re: Do we meet the definition of ECCN 5D002 ?

Posted by Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com>.
Couldn't this kind of things be checked by RAT?

Also, the crypto.html [1] page is not very referenced.  And it is easy
to not see it.  Couldn't it be referenced more clearly from one of the
guideline/policies document, so that that new poddling project are
more directly aware of it.

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html

Gilles

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
On 8/16/07, Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just found [1], and I was wonderiing if we don't fall under the
> definition of ECCN 5D002 for our binary distribution with deps.  In
> this distribution we include binaries that support https, sft and ssh (and
> maybe other via vfs).

If you have any code which directly invokes a dependency which is
covered by 5D002, yes, our policy is you must file a notice.  APR had
to file simply because it can optionally link against OpenSSL.

>From the FAQ:
---