Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Ryan H <ry...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/16 15:52:04 UTC

Kerberos Required for Secure Cluster Setup?

Hi All,

but wonder if Kerberos is required when setting up a secure NiFi cluster.
Is this the case?

Error in reference when trying to access the UI for a 2 node secure cluster
(version 1.1.1) in AWS:

2017-03-16 12:39:41,110 INFO [NiFi Web Server-117]
o.a.n.w.a.c.IllegalStateExceptionMapper
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Kerberos ticket login not supported by
this NiFi.. Returning Conflict response.

Any thoughts on this? Or is this possibly a misleading error shown in the
nifi-user.log...

-Ryan H.

Re: Kerberos Required for Secure Cluster Setup?

Posted by Ryan H <ry...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bryan,

No worries, I should have been more clear with my first email. I was trying
to complete in what was going on and I started to question if Kerberos was
required due to the error message(s). I'm still stuck with the error stated
in my original email on trying to access the UI due to the errors mentioned
in that email.

Cheers,

Ryan H.

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
Ryan,

Posted by Ryan H <ry...@gmail.com>.
As a follow up to the last email, when looking at the Chrome Dev Tools,
there are two requests that are failing when trying to access the UI.

This Request Succeeds:

   1. Request URL:
   https://my-server-address/nifi/
   2. Request Method: