Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Kasun Gajasinghe <ka...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/02 16:16:09 UTC

surefire-api not relocating the classes of commons-lang though it's in m-shade-p config

Hi,
I was recently looking at surefire-api-2.9.jar for my work. According
to the pom, it uses m-shade-p to shade two artifacts
org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-utils and commons-lang:commons-lang with
their relocations clearly specified.

But I don't see the shaded classes for commons-lang in the generated
jar. Plexus-utils is shaded to
org.apache.maven.surefire.shade.org.codehaus.plexus.util correctly
though. commons-lang is not a <dependency> of surefire as I see. Is it
an obsolete code in the pom or is it the behavior expected for
surefire-api? Please clarify.

mvn log for the shade:shade execution is at [1]. There isn't any word
about commons-lang either!
I'm using the official build maven-2.2.1

[1] http://paste.pocoo.org/show/451244/

Thanks,
--Kasun

Re: surefire-api not relocating the classes of commons-lang though it's in m-shade-p config

Posted by Kasun Gajasinghe <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 7:52 PM, Kristian Rosenvold
<kr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's not used and obsolete as of now. This may change in the future.

Ok, thanks...

--Kasun

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com>.