Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Dan Polivy <da...@hotmail.com> on 2001/12/04 23:33:20 UTC

EmbededTomcat and SOAP

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had experience with the following setup:  I have
an application which has various "subsystems" which are servers for various
types of protocols (i.e. xml, rmi, soap, etc.).  For my SOAP subsystem, I
want to use EmbededTomcat as my http/servlet engine, and Apache SOAP as my
SOAP toolkit.

I've figured out how to get the EmbededTomcat class from Tomcat 3.3 running
using the execute() method, but I'd rather set the configuration
programmatically; specifically, all I really care about is the SOAP
rpcrouter servlet.

How can I set up an EmbededTomcat instance to listen only on one port for
http (no Ajb stuff), and only handle requests for the SOAP rpcrouter
servlet?  If anyone has done anything like this before, I'd appreciate your
help!  I can also switch to Tomcat 4.0 if that would make this easier to
manage.

Thanks!

Dan