Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by gpandey <gy...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/02 19:32:40 UTC

Ivy setup in UNIX ??

I have setup Ivy in windows server 2003 and wanted to use similar setup in
Unix server with all same configuration, is it possible in Ivy ??
And also I mounted the windows server 2003 $d volume on AIX and Linux but
could not mount on HPUX so I can just run the Ivy from mounted volume,
Anybody has run the ivy from mounted volume ??

Thanks,
Gyan

Re: Ivy setup in UNIX ??

Posted by Maarten Coene <ma...@yahoo.com>.
If you avoid hard-coded paths in your settings.xml but work with properties instead, you should be able to reuse the same configuration on windows and unix.
If you use Ivy from within Ant, you could give these properties the appropriate value based on the server it runs on.

What I used to do some time ago where we had a similar setup was something like this:

<ivysettings>
    <property name="repository" value="c:\repository" override="false" />
    <resolvers>
        <filesystem name="default">
            <ivy pattern="${repository}/path/to/ivy.xml" />
            <artifact pattern="${repository}/path/to/artifact.jar" />
        </filesystem>
    </resolvers>
</ivysettings>

In our buid.xml we checked on which machine the build was running and based on that information, we gave the ${repository} property an appropriate value.
We did also define the property in the settings.xml to be able to use it from within IvyDE, which we always ran on windows.

Maarten