Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Vincent Y. Shen" <vi...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/14 15:53:43 UTC

mapred.tasktacker.reduce.tasks.maximum issue

Hi Guys,

I am increasing mapred.tasktacker.reduce.tasks.maximum in the hadoop
cluster. But regardless whatever I tried, hadoop refuses to use my value
but the default (2)

What I did do
===========

stop mapred
stop dfs

update the value of mapred.tasktacker.reduce.tasks.maximum

start dfs
start mapred

But the system still uses default values

Environment
=========

Hadoop version: 1.1.2
Java version: 7

Mapred-site.xml
============

<property>
  <name>mapred.system.dir</name>
  <value>/hadoop/mapred/system</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>mapred.reduce.tasks</name>
  <value>50</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>mapred.tasktacker.reduce.tasks.maximum</name>
  <value>15</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>mapred.tasktacker.map.tasks.maximum</name>
  <value>15</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>mapred.child.java.opts</name>
  <value>-Xmx500m</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>mapred.job.tracker</name>
  <value>machine1.mydomain.com:54311</value>

</property>

Thanks guys for any pointers!!!!

Best regards,

Vincent.

Re: mapred.tasktacker.reduce.tasks.maximum issue

Posted by Adam Kawa <ka...@gmail.com>.
It looks that you have a typo in the names of configuration properties, so
Hadoop ignores them and uses the default vaules (2 map and 2 reduce tasks
per node).

it should mapred.*tasktracker*.reduce.tasks.maximum not
mapred.*tasktacker*.reduce.tasks.maximum
(tasktRacker, not tasktacker) - the same for map tasks.

Posted by Adam Kawa <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adam Kawa <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adam Kawa <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zizon Qiu <zz...@gmail.com>.