Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Madhu Vadlapudi <vm...@isac.ernet.in> on 2003/08/25 12:16:17 UTC

Problem with web.xml

Hello friends,

I have a problem with web.xml, in specifying the welcome-file-list tag. In the
web.xml file i have specified in the following way.

<welcome-file-list>
<welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
<welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
<welcome-file>index.htm</welcome-file>
</welcome-file-list>

But my problem is, eventhough i have specified to pickup index.html as the
welcome file my tomcat server is showing index.jsp file always. I tried other
combination but no use. I am using tmcat-3.2.1. Other than conf/web.xml file,
any other file i have to change or what? any installation problem? Please let
me know.....

Thanks,

Madhu

RE: Problem with web.xml

Posted by Schalk <sc...@volume4.co.za>.
Madhu

If this is just for the first (homepage) you have two options, if you are
working with Tomcat via Apache create a standard .html page that you place
in your .htdocs of Apache, in this have a meta-refresh tag that directly
forwards to the .html you want to go to alternatively, strip all the
welcome-files from the list except index.html.

Hope this helps. I would also like to see if there are alternative/better
ways to accomplish this posted by someone else.

<welcome-file-list>
<welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
</welcome-file-list>

Kind Regards
Schalk Neethling
Volume4.Development.Multimedia.Branding
Tel: +27125468436
Fax: +27125468436
email:schalk@volume4.co.za
:: I have a problem with web.xml, in specifying the welcome-file-list tag.
In the
:: web.xml file i have specified in the following way.
::
:: For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org